Saturday, July 21, 2018

Jamaica Medical: Rosina’s View

After several years of serving in Hospitality on the Jamaica MASH trips, I served in the Prayer
Room for the first time this year.  What an awesome experience!

At the end of the first day, I was embarrassed to say I was tired. Everyone else had been running around, working, serving, helping, and here I was feeling tired after sitting all day.  But during that Prayer Room time, I was listening to each Jamaican as they came in for prayer after seeing the doctor. Listening was tough for me - I don’t know if it’s my age or the dialect the Jamaicans were using but it was tough for me to understand a lot of folks.  So between listening to people, and listening for, and to, the Holy Spirit, and praying in the Spirit, I was spent by the end of the day.
But what an amazing feeling. Being raised Catholic, praying out loud has been a struggle for me. So while I felt some anxiety going into the Prayer Room, God was faithful and blessed my obedience.  I felt the Holy Spirit speak through me - His words, not mine - giving people what they needed to hear. I am grateful for the experience, I am blessed to have had the Holy Spirit use me, and I pray God continues to use me, and I am able to focus, wait, and listen. Only by God’s grace.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your impressions Rosina! Thrilled to see how God worked in your life on this trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is an informative post and it is very beneficial and knowledgeable. Therefore, I would like to thank you for the endeavors that you have made in writing this article. All the content is absolutely well-researched. Thanks... Γναθοχειρουργός

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just browsing through the internet looking for some information and came across your blog. I am impressed by the information that you have on this blog. It shows how well you understand this subject. Bookmarked this page, will come back for more. medicalinsurance

    ReplyDelete